Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
About Redwood Materials
Redwood Materials was founded in 2017 to create a circular supply chain for electric vehicles and clean energy products, making them more sustainable and driving down the cost for batteries. We’re doing this by developing and deploying new technologies to increase the scope and scale of recycled and sustainable materials in the global battery supply chain.
Staff Simulation Engineer
You will work on a team of electrical and software engineers to develop entirely new products and systems. You will be part of the computational analysis team, which supports hardware, industrial controls, and embedded software engineers with modeling, simulation, and control analysis. We are seeking engineers with outstanding mathematical and engineering analytical skills. Work will include things like simulation of power circuits, analog and digital circuits, chemical processes, thermal systems, 3-D modeling of passive components, and rigorous end-to-end analysis of complex, multi-physics systems. You will be working in a startup culture.
If necessary, the job level will be adjusted based on the applicant’s experience and responsibilities.
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with circuits
- Using commercially available simulation tools to predict experimental results.
- Using available finite element analysis (or similar) tools to analysis passive components.
- Predicting stability and performance of control loops in mixed power, analog, and digital circuits.
- Solid physics background with modeling and simulating a variety of electrical, chemical, and thermal processes.
- Reconciling theoretical and experimental results.
- MS or PhD (preferred) Electrical Engineering or related field
- Circuit and system simulation software like SPICE, MATLAB, Ansys, and Python.
- Laboratory proficiency.
- Advanced theoretical understanding of physics, circuits, control, and systems.
- Familiarity with embedded software and hardware, particularly at the application layer for control loop development.
The position is full-time. Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.