Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
**This position is eligible for a minimum of $20K Sign-On Bonus**
**Sign-on bonuses are not permitted for internal applicants.
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense, you will have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
As part of the Software Products Engineering (SPE) team, you will be an integral part of helping Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD) further our vision to be the global leader in core and next-generation defense and security solutions.
This position is responsible for applying technical expertise in the development of C/C++ software development for embedded multi-processor systems. Provide practical solutions to difficult technical software problems. Display initiative and work effectively on own or as a member of a team. Follow organizational processes and procedures. Review software products for soundness of technical judgment and adequacy. Interact with senior software personnel through both written and verbal communication. Produce documentation related to the design and release of software artifacts. Develop complete software solutions and influence the successful completion of supported programs and projects. Understand and utilize agile software development methods, automation, and continuous integration.
We value diverse skills and experience, so don't hold back. We encourage curious, creative problem solvers to join our team of bright, dedicated software craftspeople in designing and implementing highly innovative systems. If you’re passionate about what you could accomplish here, we’d love to hear from you.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Apply expertise in software development for embedded multi-processor systems.
- Provide innovative and creative software solutions to complex technical problems.
- Follow and/or recommend changes to established processes and procedures.
- Review software products for soundness of technical judgment and adequacy.
- Produce documentation related to the design and release of software artifacts.
- Utilize agile software development methods, automation, and continuous integration.
Qualifications You Must Have:
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of relevant work experience OR in absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant work experience is required. An advanced degree in a related field may be substituted for additional years of experience.
- Experience using C/C++ language.
- Experience developing, testing and/or integrating real-time software.
- Experience with software/hardware/firmware integration.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance prior to the start date. Only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance.
Qualifications We Value:
- Masters degree in STEM field. (Preferred Degrees: Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science)
- Experience designing real-time embedded software on multi-core systems
- Experience with Agile Software development methods (e.g., Scrum, continuous integration, etc.)
- Experience using scripting languages (e.g., Perl, Python).
- Experience adapting Board Support Packages.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement, and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance, and child/adult backup care.
We have Full-time and Part-time opportunities available.
This position requires the eligibility to obtain a security clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. More information about Security Clearances can be found on the US Department of State government website here: https://www.state.gov/m/ds/clearances/c10978.htm
This position is onsite at our campus in beautiful Tucson, AZ. Tucson has a friendly, caring, and laid-back atmosphere, combined with the innovation and energy of a metropolitan region, and recognized as one of America’s 10 Best Small Cities. Surrounded by beautiful mountains, colorful Sonoran Desert landscape and majestic saguaro cacti, Tucson is blessed with some of nature’s best work. Tucson is known for its bright blue skies, and with more than 310 sunny days per year, Tucson’s fantastic weather lets residents enjoy the outdoors year-round.
Virtual Fly Over City of Tucson & Community, YouTube Video Links
- “Tucson is Awesome”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i65wOwKcNIQ
- “Winter in Tucson”: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZdKKkF0QkE
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Award.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.