Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
As a Senior Embedded Software Engineer, you will join our Hardware team and develop embedded software for our beautifully designed card payment devices. We are building our devices in-house end-to-end so that we can always offer the best value and service to small businesses around the globe.
You’ll be part of a local, autonomous, cross-functional team, that deals with a diverse range of engineering topics like embedded systems, industrial and electronic design, all the way to mobile apps and backend services. We believe in open and transparent communication, constant learning and not strict rules. If you’re looking for the chance to innovate, and disrupt the payment industry - join us!
What you’ll do:
- Design low level embedded software in C for our payment processing terminals
- Execute code and architecture reviews to ensure the quality of implemented solutions. You'll bring your experience to develop software on embedded Linux OS
- Perform acceptance, functional, regression and exploratory testing on the SumUp platform
You’ll be great for this role if:
- You have a good understanding of embedded systems and C language
- You have experience with embedded Linux / Zephyr / Android / BareMetal Operating System
- You have knowledge of wireless technologies, e.g. NFC, Bluetooth, WiFi, 3G/4G
- You speak Fluent English
Knowledge in SecureBoot, Crypto and Security is a big plus.
Why you should join SumUp
- Be part of one of the most innovative fintech companies. SumUp operates in 33 countries and supports millions of merchants around the globe.
- We have a truly global team of 3000+ people from 60+ countries and a close, welcoming, international community (you don’t need German :)
- 28 days’ paid leave
- Competitive salary and Stock Options Program
- Flexible working hours and work from home
- Learning & development budget for attending conferences and external training
- SumUp Corporate Pension Scheme
- Wellness benefits: Fitness Matters, in-house Yoga teacher, gym in the office, football & running teams, subsidized Urban Sports Club
- A lot of other cool benefits such as Bike leasing, Subsidized Public Transport Card, Language Learning platform/courses, Kita (Kindergarten) placement assistance, relocation assistance, 2x per week subsidized office lunches, and a brand new beautiful place to work in the heart of Berlin!
We believe in the everyday hero. Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a ‘team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America, and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.