Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
Starting from product requirements or product specification inputs from the Product Management department, the Product Development team builds the technical design of the product and elaborates on the architecture of the solution. It ensures the robustness, reliability, scalability, testability of all building blocks. The Software Engineer develops software modules and interfaces (API). Taking advantage of his/her experience, he/she participates in the different steps of the development process: analysis, technical specification, design, development, unit testing, technical documentation, and maintenance. The Software Engineer can work closely with peers in an Agile/Scrum fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Analyze and review product requirements, discuss the technical feasibility and proposals
- Develop new software components or modify existing ones and take care of their integration
- Participate in peer code reviews
- Plan, define and perform unit testing
- Create or maintain technical documentation
- Solve defects reported in the defect tracking system
- Maintain existing applications
- Identify risks and discuss them with the Quality Control department for building adequate test plans
- Plan, track and report your daily work and your assigned tasks
- Follow the EVS software development process (Source Control Management, Defect Tracking, Coding Rules, Continuous Integration)
- Identify and propose process improvements
- Coach and guide junior team members (if Senior position)
- Engineer, Bachelor’s, Master’s or Ph.D. degree in Engineering or Computer Science (high school or university)
- Knowledge or experience in Object-Oriented Design and Programming
- Knowledge or experience in C++
- Knowledge or experience in performance optimization and IP domain
- Will be considered as an asset: experience in Linux; knowledge in the Broadcast Industry, Agile/Scrum, Open source projects, test-driven development, and automated testing.
- Achieves high-quality results through thoughtful analysis and planning; target driven and result oriented
- Excellent analytical skills, strong object-oriented design skills
- Focus on quality, detail-minded, willing to take care of customer point of view
- Open for changes and continuous learning
- Capable of executing tasks autonomously, of planning and communicating planning and progress, of getting help where needed
- Shows initiative, is curious, and communicates well about initiatives
- Good written and verbal communication skills, shares information actively; response properly, reports on time; accepts criticism and other opinions, addresses criticism constructively
- Excellent team player
- Fluent in French or English
- Working knowledge of English
You will benefit from working in a friendly, lively environment having ambitious commercial objectives. Our dynamic and young team brings the best out of motivated potentials. In addition, you will receive a competitive salary and a range of other employee benefits. You will benefit from working in a friendly, lively environment having ambitious commercial objectives. Our dynamic and young team brings the best out of motivated potentials. In addition, you will receive a competitive salary and a range of other employee benefits.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.