Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
We are looking for a talented and passionate Senior Embedded Firmware Engineer to be part of an exciting team. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge scientific products used for scientific discovery. We provide innovative products that expand the research and diagnostic capabilities of our customers by delivering simple, affordable solutions. You collaborate with software developers, systems engineers, product managers, technical program managers, and electrical and other hardware engineering teams. You create extendable design and easy to maintain solutions with the long term vision in mind.
- Development of new features for embedded systems
- Investigate, prototype and deliver new and innovative system solutions
- Work with electrical, mechanical, software and system engineers to develop the firmware requirements
- Design, develop and verify firmware for embedded systems
- Participate in design reviews, API development, and documentation
- Work with new technologies that are vital to product development
- Deliver investigation plans and reports, architectural documents, design specs, software and firmware source code, build scripts
- Perform tasks including debug, bring-up, Beta and production software development
- Successfully collaborate with both software and hardware product teams
- Write software for hardware and system verification and validation
- Write software for manufacturing test fixtures and instrument calibration
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of experience as an embedded software/firmware engineer
- Experience in one or more of these areas: cameras, sensors, motor control, PID control, USB, I2C, SPI communication protocols
- Experience in embedded software design, development and debugging
- Experience in coding in C/C++
- Experience with RTOS or Embedded Linux
- System level integration experience
- Board bring up experience
- Experience in writing unit and system level test software
- Experience with Jira or other project management and bug tracking software.
- Ability to understand, debug and work with Schematics
- Strong debugging/trouble-shooting and problem solving skills of embedded systems
- Experience in firmware design, implementation and testing
- Experience with Linux kernel and API library development
- Experience with real time debugging tools (software and hardware)
- Knowledge in serial interface protocols like I2C, SPI and USB
- Experience with PID control and motion control
- Experience developing for ARM Cortex-M MCU
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 8,000 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.