Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
D3 Engineering has an opportunity for you to create scalable and optimized real-time embedded software systems! Your ability to learn, innovate, collaborate and lead are highly valued here.
- Would you enjoy creating cutting-edge Autonomous Systems?
- Are you inspired by enabling technologies in real-world applications?
- Want to work in a collaborative, innovative environment?
D3 Engineering is an outsourced product development firm specializing in embedded design solutions for performance-critical products. We help our OEM clients incorporate advanced vision, sensor, power, and control technologies into their new products.
With more than 20 years of experience, we understand and deliver on the needs of OEM manufacturers. As a trusted development partner, we protect intellectual property, enhance shareholder value through lower total cost of new product development, and support engineering teams through technical excellence and effective collaboration.
D3 Engineering offers a generous benefit package including medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, life insurance, retirement, paid time-off, company holidays, etc.
- All phases of the product development cycle including:
- requirements definition and architecture
- software design and development
- implementing software
- hardware bring-up, software/hardware integration
- verification and validation, and customer support
- Embedded processors running real-time operating systems or Embedded Linux on custom electronics.
- Technical tasks including;
- assisting with board bring-up,
- developing driver and application-level code,
- and system verification.
- Conduct and oversee code reviews, unit testing, debugging, and software/hardware integration.
- Technical direction and leadership in a non-supervisory capacity for complex engineering projects.
- Support project planning efforts including task definition and work effort.
- Develop and evaluate plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities to be carried out by yourself and other team members
- Embedded Linux platforms
- Open source Linux and associated SDKs
- GCC/GNU toolchain
- Developing & identifying tools / methods for better design reuse & process improvement
- Design reviews and technical oversight
- Coaching & mentoring less experienced engineers
- Autonomous systems platforms utilizing high speed, complex microprocessor / DSP / ISP, SoC, SoM and FPGA devices and peripherals (DDR, Flash, PMIC, etc.)
- Advanced image sensors, automotive and industrial radar sensors, GPS and other sensing technologies
- High speed interfaces including USB3, Gigabit EthernetRGMII, SATA, PCIe, FPGA serial transceivers
- Embedded camera, video processing and computer vision
- Electrification (Control and Power Systems)
- Advanced algorithms, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
- Access to advanced, sometimes unreleased technologies
- Excellent problem solving & troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to read schematics and debug digital hardware using oscilloscope, logic analyzer, or similar tools for troubleshooting.
- Experience writing embedded device drivers
- Experience debugging embedded platforms
- Knowledge of embedded software and firmware development, including C and C++.
- Up to date experience with Embedded Linux platforms, configuration, board support package, kernel drivers, and device tree
- Experience using GIT version control system
- Experience developing with GCC/GNU toolchain
- Experience with embedded camera and video processing is desirable.
- Self-Driven personality
- Capable of a big picture, system-oriented approach
- Solid technical leadership skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering discipline along with relevant experience and/or equivalent combination
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States. For more information about D3 Engineering, please visit www.d3engineering.com. D3 Engineering does not sponsor visas.
D3 Engineering is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.