Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
Microchip Technology Inc. is a leading provider of embedded control applications. Our product portfolio comprises general purpose and specialized 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit microcontrollers, 32-bit microprocessors, field-programmable gate array (FPGA) products, a broad spectrum of high-performance linear, mixed-signal, power management, thermal management, radio frequency (RF), timing, safety, security, wired connectivity and wireless connectivity devices, as well as serial Electrically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory (EEPROM), Serial Flash memories, Parallel Flash memories, and serial Static Random Access Memory (SRAM). We also license Flash-IP solutions that are incorporated in a broad range of products.
The Microchip Timing and Synchronization Software Development Team is responsible for creating state of art timing embedded software for our world class Microchip network synchronization products. Today, we're aggressively developing new timing technologies; including Ultra Low Jitter PLLs IEEE1588 and Synchronous Ethernet PLLs that solve optical, electrical and packet network synchronization problems. We provide total system solutions for applications like 5G, autonomous cars, stock market, wireless, cable industry as well as IoT. To support global demand and emerging standards, the business unit is expanding its road map using embedded artificial intelligence solutions.
What will you do in this position?
Reporting to the Network Sync manager, you will be part of the group’s Cork-Ireland team where you will be responsible for developing and implementing PLL and AI-based algorithms to support the group road map.
What’s attractive about this opportunity.
The products developed by this team are highly successful in the industry. As part of the team, you will follow a fully agile state-of-the-art software development life-cycle with complete process traceability. You will have access to Microchip University to build your telecom algorithm and software development career. The group has access to the latest industry standard tools to develop and deliver highly reliable products to high-end customers in the global market.
Key job responsibilities/duties include:
- Analyze and model existing and newly developed artificial intelligence algorithms.
- Analyze and model existing and newly developed PLL and control algorithms.
- Floating and fixed-point implementation of developed algorithms in C-language.
- Documentation of developed and implemented designs.
- Work with system architect and marketing team to define software API requirements.
- Real-time lab reference design testing of developed and existing algorithm solutions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Masters/PhD in Electrical Engineering or Software/Computer engineering.
- 0+ years related practical experience in API software development.
- Strong programming skills in embedded C and Python.
- Working experience with Matlab.
- Hands on experience with scripting languages such as TCL, Python, Perl, Bash etc.
- Experience in Artificial Intelligence systems.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills and comfortable with operating lab equipment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for interfacing with architecture, validation, manufacturing, and other discipline.