Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
Founded in 2012, SunCulture’s Vision is to build a world where people take control of their environment in rewarding and sustainable ways. SunCulture does this by developing and commercializing life-changing technology that solves the biggest daily challenges for the world's 570 million smallholder farming households. Over the last 5 years, the company has grown significantly and now employs 170+ people around the world.
As a business that is rapidly scaling, SunCulture has been focused on these three key priorities: building systems and processes for scale, aligning the customer acquisition strategy, and enhancing customer support.
About the role
SunCulture has reached an exciting phase in its development and is poised for significant growth. The organization needs an experienced Electrical Test Engineer who is responsible for understanding the technical requirements of various projects and programs within Research & Development, drafting and executing test plans, and preparing detailed test reports for all key stakeholders.
Note: This role requires frequent travel and applicants should be comfortable with relocation to SunCulture’s R&D Office in Nanyuki.
- Prototype and assemble (hand solder) electronic equipment
- Use SunCulture specific tools to program control units and carry out firmware tests
- Collaborate with the product and embedded systems engineering teams to draft & execute detailed test plans
- Identify and root cause hardware defects and firmware bugs and track release notes.
- Perform flow, power, and efficiency tests for SunCulture water pumps
- Maintain a clean, tidy, and organized work area
- Clearly document all tests carried out and present data clearly & concisely through slide decks or written reports as needed
- Continuously update detailed changelogs to track the history of all devices under test
- Provide technical support for customers using SunCulture’s pilot products
- Transfer knowledge & train internal teams on new products when transitioning from pilot stages through commercialization
Does This Sound Like You?
- 2+ years of experience in embedded systems firmware and hardware testing
- BEng/BSc. in Electrical/Electronics/Mechatronics Engineering; Masters degree a plus
- Practical knowledge and hands-on experience with embedded systems (hardware and firmware)
- Understanding of fundamental principles of solar energy gathering and converting;
- Basic knowledge of DC/DC converter topology and principles of operation;
- Skills in probing PCBs for issues & experience working with multimeters and oscilloscopes
- Ability to read and understand PCB schematics;
- Eagle CAD experience is a plus;
- Ability to log firmware issues (maintain a bug tracker), troubleshoot and provide feedback to the embedded systems engineering team;
- Experience with flashing different types of devices - ESP32, Atmel AVR, NRF51/52, etc.
- Atmel AVR and ESP32 debugging experience is a plus;
- Understanding of hardware requirements and design considerations for off-grid solar energy systems
- Experience working in the off-grid solar sector; solar water pumping systems a plus
- T2 license from the Energy Regulatory Commission of Kenya is a plus
- Very strong interpersonal skills and ability to connect with diverse team members
- Excellent task prioritization and time management skills
- A proven record of ability to work with minimal supervision
- Able to fluently communicate in English; Swahili is a plus
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to plan, organize, and execute to meeting deadlines in a fast-evolving environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Feel like a fit? We believe in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Women and PWD ( Persons With Disability) are encouraged to apply.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.