Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
At Plume, we push the boundaries of how people think of WiFi and the smart home experience. Plume today serves over 20 million households with cutting edge security, WiFi, IoT and home management technology and we are growing rapidly. Our home is in the heart of Silicon Valley and has offices around the globe. Those who seek the challenge and reward of a fast-paced environment and high bar for innovation will quickly feel at home within our team. As an employee, you can expect the same cutting-edge approach to flexibility, organization, and benefits in your everyday life. Help us design thoughtful tools for people to take control of the technology in their homes, allowing them to connect in new and exciting ways.
We are looking for experienced Embedded Software Engineers that can help us continue to innovate and expand the OpenSync™ software stack while supporting our customers and partners, including ODMs, to integrate it into their solutions.
What You Will Do
- Develop code using the C programming language for embedded environments, with portability to various processors and platforms in mind
- Integrate OpenSync software into customer platforms
- Work and integrate with OEM SDK & middleware software
- Assist with development and architectural design to meet specific customer needs for their integrated solution
- Oversee customer reported issues, consolidate them into a resolution plan
Who You Are
- Has the ability to debug issues across the software stack including hardware functionality
- Could deliver technical presentations to customers, partners and prospects
- Translate customer business issues and requirements into technical solutions
- Manage technical scopes, requirements and end-user expectations
- Ability to lead projects, and manage complicated development schedules
- BA/BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in embedded software development using the C language
- Experience developing software using embedded SDKs and frameworks
- Experience with Wi-Fi CPE stack and application software (OpenWrt, DD-WRT, Android, RDKB, etc.) development and debugging
- Experience in designing, developing, optimizing and maintaining networking and wireless products, including but not limited to, wireless routers, residential gateways, set-top boxes, repeaters, extenders, and other Wi-Fi related products
- Strong competence and experience in Layer 2, Layer 3 networking
- Experience interacting with embedded devices using methods such as syslog, serial console, and SSH
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.