Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
Battelle delivers when others can’t. We conduct research and development, manage national laboratories, design and manufacture products and deliver critical services for our clients—whether they are a multi-national corporation, a small start-up or a government agency.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
Battelle’s Trust and Assurance Cyber Analytics Department is seeking Senior-Level ASIC Design Engineer to work in our Columbus, Ohio location.
“From Silicon to Systems” – We are an elite, multi-disciplinary team, bringing together the brightest minds from physics, computer science, electrical engineering, and mathematics to develop unique embedded security solutions for government and industrial customers.
Battelle has been trusted by elite government clients to solve some of the world’s hardest security problems. We work in small agile teams to push the bounds of computing technology. Our high-powered labs include specialized software and hardware, so our engineers have everything they need to invent new Cyber solutions.
Our team is casual putting results over formality. Team members can work flexible hours, and Battelle maintains a 9/80 schedule meaning employees have a chance to take every other Friday off.
We encourage new ideas with our large Internal Research and Development (IRAD) program where engineers work on projects they are passionate about. Inventors and innovators are rewarded by our industry-leading IP compensation program. Our group works collaboratively with many parts of Battelle’s larger organization on projects ranging from genomics to robotics.
- Collaborate with the Battelle Cyber Trust and Assurance team developing state of the art integrated circuit security solutions ranging from design, verification, and testing of electronic devices, integrated circuits, and embedded systems.
- Identify and articulate the strengths and weaknesses of solutions, conclusions, and problem approaches during technical discussions.
- Works with internal stakeholders to support the preparation of presentations and reports. May be called on to provide input, perform demonstrations, or present on assigned tasks during customer meetings.
- Contribute to Internal Research and Development (IRAD) studies and may lead small IRAD tasks.
- Prioritizes and completes structured assignments with mentoring from senior staff. May seek guidance in identifying subsequent tasking.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Engineering, or related field of study with 5+ years of experience; Master’s degree in related field with 2+ years of experience; or a PhD in a related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Firm understanding and experience in integrated circuit design.
- Demonstrated experience in integrated circuit design simulation, layout, and verification workflows for analog, digital, and/or mixed signal designs.
- Demonstrated experience leading integrated circuit design teams.
- Demonstrated experience working with foundries.
- Solid understanding and experience with ASIC electronics design automation (EDA) tools such as Cadence, Synopsys, Mentor Graphics, etc.
- Solid understanding of ASIC design flow and verification methodologies.
- Experience through all aspects of the design flow from RTL to synthesis, place & route, power, and timing signoff.
- Experience in analog, digital, and/or mixed signal design (e.g. schematic, DRC, LVS, layout, analog simulations).
- Must be a US citizen with an active TS security clearance with SCI-eligibility.
- Project experience in timing analysis and closure, verification, and system integration with 3rd Party IP.
- Strong bench skills, including digital and analog test & measurement.
- Ability to generate verification test benches for simulating and validating designs.
- Firm understanding of VHDL and/or Verilog hardware description languages.
- Firm understanding of full IC design and manufacturing flow.
- Familiarity with Python, MATLAB, C/C++, or C#
- Experience with analog and mixed signal design such as ADC, DACs, Mixers, VCOs, Amplifiers, etc…
- Experience in Formal Verification techniques and tools.
- Experience with emulation platforms such as Cadence Palladium.
- Experience in advanced node processes 14 nm or below.
- Active Secret or Top-Secret Clearance
SOME OF THE EXTRAS THAT MAKE WORKING HERE GREAT
- Learn (tuition assistance, paid training) and teach (get published, speak at a conference)
- Software and Intellectual Property development royalty sharing
- Mentorship and learning culture
- Internally funded and guided research projects with large amounts of individual autonomy
Benefits: Live an Extraordinary Life
We care about your well-being, not just on the job. Battelle offers comprehensive and competitive benefits to help you live your best life.
- Balance life through a compressed work schedule: Most of our team follows a flexible, compressed work schedule that allows for every other Friday off—giving you a dedicated day to accomplish things in your personal life without using vacation time.
- Take time to recharge: You get paid time off to support work-life balance and keep motivated.
- Prioritize wellness: Stay healthy with medical, dental, and vision coverage with wellness incentives and benefits plus a variety of optional supplemental benefits.
- Better together: Coverage for partners, gender-affirming care and health support, and family formation support.
- Build your financial future: Build financial stability with an industry-leading 401(k) retirement savings plan. For most employees, we put in 5 percent whether you contribute or not, and match your contributions on top of that.
- Advance your education: Tuition assistance is available to pursue higher education.
- Flexible work arrangements: You have options for where you work and when you work.
A Work Environment Where You Succeed
For brilliant minds in science, technology, engineering and business operations, Battelle is the place to do the greatest good by solving humanity’s most pressing challenges and creating a safer, healthier and more secure world.
You will have the opportunity to thrive in a culture that inspires you to:
- Apply your talent to challenging and meaningful projects
- Receive select funding to pursue ideas in scientific and technological discovery
- Collaborate with world-class experts in an inclusive environment
- Nurture and develop the next generation of scientific leaders
- Give back to and improve our communities
Vaccinations & Safety Protocols
Battelle may require employees, based on job duties, work location, and/or its clients’ requirements to follow certain safety protocols and to be vaccinated against a variety of viruses, bacteria, and diseases as a condition of employment and continued employment and to provide documentation that they are fully vaccinated. If applicable, Battelle will provide reasonable accommodations based on a qualified disability or medical condition through the Americans with Disabilities Act or the Rehabilitation Act or for a sincerely held religious belief under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (and related state laws).
Battelle is an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle’s Legal Department.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.