Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded systems engineers
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of high-quality light-, medium-, and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates. PACCAR also designs and manufactures advanced diesel engines, provides financial services and information technology, and distributes truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services — you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
PACCAR Embedded Engineering
PACCAR Embedded Engineering is a rapidly expanding organization that is transforming the way control systems and software are developed for commercial vehicle applications. This includes developing the latest vehicle controls, display technology, and autonomous truck solutions that exceed customer expectations. You will collaborate with an international, cross-functional team focused on driving superior technical solutions that maximize customer uptime and operating efficiency. Successful applicants will demonstrate individual creativity in addressing challenges and opportunities while working within a supportive team to develop industry-leading solutions for the medium- and heavy-duty truck industry.
PACCAR’s Embedded Engineering department, which serves both Kenworth and Peterbilt, has an opening for a Functional Safety Engineer focusing on ADAS functions. This position requires an experienced professional with deep understanding of the ISO 26262 standard. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will be able to deliver critical program goals across multiple projects, and continue to enhance PACCAR’s global functional and system development processes.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
• Design and release of electrical and electronic ADAS related components and systems for heavy and medium duty commercial truck vehicles.
• Integrate vehicle and drive line controls into vehicle electrical systems.
• Complete engineering change notice documentation to manage old and new parts and use proprietary
software to issue part bid requests.
• Lead electronics engineering and project management processes to maintain schedule, budget, and functionality.
• Plan and track validation of components.
• Support launch at truck assembly plants as needed, and resolve field issues as identified.
• Ensure industry leading quality and reliability is met/maintained/exceeded on all components.
• Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team with mechanical engineers, manufacturing engineers and other
professionals to ensure quality heavy duty truck electrical designs.
• Investigate and resolve warranty issues for power train electrical related claims.
• Up to 15% travel.
Qualifications & Skills
• BSEE or equivalent degree required.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, lean, collaborative team environment.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Good planning/tracking skills.
• Competency with standard business software tools (word processing, spreadsheets, etc.).
• Able to learn and use new processes and techniques and resourcefully solve complex technical issues.
• Commitment to reliability, value, and quality in all aspects of work; desire to join the World’s Best team.
• Willingness to grow continuously, both personally and professionally and a strong results orientation.
• 3 - 5 years design & release of automotive or commercial vehicle electrical components, including
software, wire harnesses, electronic controls, switches, driver input devices, and/or HMI.
• Proficiency using Engineering tools (Pro-Engineer, Mentor Graphics, Matlab/Simulink, Rhapsody).
• SAE J1939 CAN Protocol
• ISO 17987 LIN Protocol
• Awareness of heavy duty commercial truck regulations, especially affecting instrumentation, emissions,
safety, On Board Diagnostics, and other areas impacting electrical/electronic design, architecture, and
• Experience with supplier management through AlAG processes
• Knowledge of DFSS tools including FMEA, QFD, etc.
Specific experience or expertise in one or more of:
• Automotive embedded electronic component D&R
• Embedded real-time systems design and implementation
• MS in appropriate technical field (CS or EE preferred) and/or Professional Engineering license.
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.