Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking Mid-Level Real Time Software Engineers (Level 3) to join the F/A-18 Mission Systems organization located in Berkeley, MO. This position will focus on supporting the Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) business organization.
This role will involve development of real time embedded software, analyzing and debugging software issues, and working in an Agile, collaborative environment.
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to play a key role in supporting the F/A-18 Mission Systems program and various efforts/capabilities by way of an opportunity within one of the below teams:
- The Distributed Target Processor-Networked (DTP-N) software team is seeking individuals interested in developing software applications for mission systems. Individuals with interest and/or experience with real-time operating systems, containerization, service-oriented architecture, and microservices would be great assets for the team.
- The Electronic Warfare (EW) Software team is seeking individuals interested in supporting jamming, pod management, countermeasures, and other aspects of electronic warfare for the Growler variant of the F/A-18, the EA-18G.
- The Vehicle Management and Mission Performance team is seeking individuals interested in supporting the F/A-18 Displays work. In addition to the below listed basic qualifications, individuals with interest and/or experience with OpenGL would be a great asset to the team.
- The Infrastructure and Builds Software team is seeking individuals interested in supporting software builds and software tools development. Individuals with interest and/or experience in performing software builds, writing scripts to automate processes, and building/modifying software build pipelines would be great assets for the team. Individuals will have the opportunity to play a key role in developing the F/A-18 program’s continuous integration/continuous deployment DevSecOps pipeline.
- The Data Fusion team is seeking individuals interested in supporting the fusion of data collected by various sensors on the aircraft to present a cohesive set of solutions to aircrew about the world around them. Individuals with interest and/or experience in data fusion, correlation or blending would be great assets for the team.
- The Sensors and Network Communications team is seeking individuals interested in supporting network communication and processing on the aircraft to provide data and communicate regarding aircraft and other ground based stations within the network. Individuals with interest and/or experience with Link 16 and/or sensors would be great assets for the team.
- The Stores Management System (SMS) and Weapons Software Team is seeking individuals interested in developing software that manages, controls, and communicates with weapons and other stores for the SMS and Advanced Mission Computer (AMC). Individuals with interest and/or experience with real-time systems or MIL-STD-1553/MIL-STD-1760 communication protocols would be great assets for the team.
- Assists with the documentation and maintenance of architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems
- Develops and maintains code and integrates software components into a fully functional software system
- Assists with test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met
- Gathers information to support software project management
- Documents deployed processes and tools and collect metrics
- Supports software research and development projects
- Troubleshoots basic software issues
- Works under close supervision
This Hybrid position allows some telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options. (St. Louis, MO)
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a Secret US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. Ability to obtain Secret US Security clearance (Post-Start).
Required Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- Ability to obtain Secret US Security clearance (Post-Start)
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline (Software, Systems, Computer Science or similar)
- Experience with C, C++, Java, Ada, and/or Python
- Experience with Version Control Software
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Software development experience in a collaborative team environment using agile principles and a structured development process including code reviews and automated DevOps processes/tools
- Experience using team collaboration tools including Git, Bitbucket, JIRA, and Confluence
- Experience in software development using languages such as C, C++, Java, Ada, and/or Python
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience)
- In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
Occasional travel may be required but would be less than 10%.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidates.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position would work 1st Shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award