Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
Are you passionate about engineering and its application to acoustics and audio reproduction?
Do you have a strong background in mixed-signal electronics design, and enjoy working in cross functional teams to make exciting new product ideas come to life?
If the answer to these questions is yes, then we’d love to hear from you!
At ADAM we're incredibly passionate about audio and acoustics. We're looking for a forward-thinking Electronics Engineer to join our pro-audio team, who can own and deliver our control, DSP, and power amplifier PCB designs, as the team develops our next generation of studio monitors.
What you’ll be doing
- You will be collaborating closely with the research, product management and wider engineering teams, supporting early product definition and prototyping, developing products through to market launch, and supporting established products with updates.
- On a day-to-day basis you’ll be responsible for delivering electronics hardware, including evaluation of new technologies, design of schematics, PCBs, debugging prototype hardware and ensuring your designs are suitable for mass production.
- As part of the team you’ll be able to directly influence the products we build, and have a high degree of autonomy and technical ownership. You’ll work closely with product management and all other engineering disciplines (Embedded Software, Mechanical, Acoustics, Production Engineering, QA) to ensure our product designs are considered as a whole, and with the customer, features and overall requirements in mind.
- Our hardware product delivery follows a waterfall model, so you’ll work closely with your team in planning your activities, estimating your work and collaborating together to meet deadlines.
- Individual and Team development is important, and we’ll support you as you look for ways to grow and improve your personal knowledge and skills. We’ll also be looking for you to own and help improve our approach to electronic engineering and design knowledge, including best practices, processes, and tools. There will be opportunity to share knowledge and practices across the group.
- We are a small and committed team who love what we do, and this role is a vital part of making exciting new products!
An ideal candidate is likely to have:
- Design skills in analogue and digital electronics, ideally with experience in the following areas; analogue audio, digital electronics, microprocessor interfacing, and mixed-signal.
- Familiarity with CAD tools for PCB design, as well as tools for circuit simulation.
- Experience taking ownership throughout the development process and seeing products through to production.
- Ability to meet quality requirements, and to find creative approaches to BOM cost reduction.
- Ability to analyse and present trade-offs between cost, quality, and development time.
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills, including lab work (test equipment, SMT soldering etc.)
- Familiarity with a range of test equipment: oscilloscopes, logic analysers, bus analysers and audio analysers
- Good team working and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Appetite for continuous improvement in all aspects of product delivery.
- Interest in audio and acoustics.
- Good spoken and written English. German language skills would also be an advantage.
It could be advantageous if you have some of the following:
- A degree or HND in Electronics Engineering (or other relevant technical discipline).
- Experience of designing and producing consumer electronics equipment
- Experience of design for manufacture, assembly, and production test.
- Experience in design for regulatory approvals (EMC, RED, LVD etc.)
- Experience with Power Amplifier and PSU design.
- Familiarity with embedded software.
ADAM Audio GmbH is a rapidly growing, internationally positioned Focusrite AG company based in Berlin Adlershof.
We are one of the market-leading manufacturers of professional monitoring solutions. Our customers include renowned recording studios and well-known music producers all over the world, and our products have also been used to soundtrack numerous Oscar-nominated films in recent years.
Since 2019, ADAM Audio is part of Focusrite plc which houses seven other, highly respected pro audio brands: Martin Audio, Optimal Audio, Sequential, Focusrite, Focusrite Pro, Novation and Ampify. Our international team at the Berlin-based HQ and offices in the USA and China live their passion for music. We constantly drive ourselves to bring fresh ideas and new technologies to our high-quality products to meet the needs of pro audio enthusiasts and recording professionals alike.
We pride ourselves in providing some of the tools that empower creatives all over the world to bring their visions to life. Covering a wide range of products for different levels and budgets, we engage with artists, producers and engineers to become a companion throughout the various stages of their journey.
Our whole business is structured to let everyone contribute and be heard at all levels, and we make sure it’s a fun place to work. As a team, we work hard and support each other to master our individual tasks, building and developing the skills of talented and passionate people – to achieve a common goal. So, if you think you can bring something new to the mix, we look forward to hearing from you.
- AG Bonus Programme (company performance) as part of the Focusrite Group
- Flexible working hours with pragmatic remote working solutions
- Support with health care
- Regular language lessons
- Employee product discounts
- Staff events
- Free fruit baskets, tea and coffee.
ADAM Audio is an equal opportunity employer. Our employees span a wide range of diverse backgrounds and we believe that embracing diversity is one of the keys to our future success.
If you want to learn more about the ADAM Audio brand, please go to www.adam-audio.com
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.