Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
Join Qualcomm Technologies Inc Global CAD team delivering solutions for design of leading-edge wireless products. Qualcomm is leading 5G innovations ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. The Qualcomm Global CAD team is currently seeking an Embedded Firmware Engineer.
This role will include:
- Working with industry-standard tools and technologies to develop solutions to a variety of infrastructure needs
- Designing and implementing critical firmware for custom emulation hardware
- Mentoring and leading other members of the team
- Contributing towards the continuous development of Tools, Technology, and Flows
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, or related field.
- 7+ years of hands-on experience with C++ (C++11 or newer) (x86, AArch64)
- Hands-on experience with embedded software development
- Hands-on experience with Python, BASH/CSH
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills with the ability to work independently, and create customer-facing applications
• Bachelor's degree in Science, Engineering, or related field and 4+ years of ASIC design, verification, or related work experience.
Master's degree in Science, Engineering, or related field and 3+ years of ASIC design, verification, or related work experience.
PhD in Science, Engineering, or related field and 2+ years of ASIC design, verification, or related work experience.
- Master's or PhD. in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Applied Mathematics
- 10+ years of hands-on experience with C++ (C++11 or newer) (x86, AArch64)
- 7+ years of hands-on experience with embedded software development
- Client/Server communication protocols
- Experience with Linux Kernel, Embedded Linux, Linux Device Drivers, Linux application development and debugging
- Experience with FPGA design
- Experience in implementing the following protocols: AXI, PCIe, I2C, Ethernet
- Proven ability of software design principles, practices, and patterns
- Experience with Git, JIRA, and other related technologies
Qualcomm is committed to hiring and supporting individuals with disabilities. Although this role has some expected physical activity, an inability to perform one or more of the listed physical requirements should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. We will work with you throughout the application and onboarding process to provide reasonable accommodations. Examples of expected physical activity include: frequently transporting between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile; frequently transporting and installing equipment up to 5 lbs.; performing tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting); monitoring and utilizing computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day; and continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.