Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
Mercury Systems seeks a Software Engineer to work as part of a small, collaborative product team to design, develop, integrate, and test software in embedded and enterprise secure processing solutions.
You are responsible for
- Designing modular embedded software interfaces to meet the requirements of open-architecture standards
- Developing and maintaining software test suite to verify system capabilities and requirements
- Working closely with other engineers in an Agile environment
- Optimizing system performance to meet demanding customer requirements
- Applying secure coding practices to new and legacy software
- Writing documentation of product and program solutions
- Designing and testing Linux applications
- Working with the customer support team to reproduce and resolve customer issues
- Supporting design team in bring-up and test of hardware products
- Communicate project status and risks to management team
This role is part of Mercury Systems' Secure Processing team. A team which creates sophisticated software, firmware, and hardware security products that protect critical IP on systems and applications from both domestic and international nation-state threats. Given the widespread use of mission critical software in military systems and industry today, it is essential that these systems be protected against the threats of tampering and reverse engineering by unauthorized entities. We have built a dynamic, team-oriented, and highly creative work environment.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering
- Proficient in C/C++
- Knowledge of Linux environments
- Ability to write and review technical documentation
- Ability to exercise judgement in selecting methods and techniques to create solutions
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Logical approach to solving problems
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with Security Analysis and designing Security Solutions
- Experience with Embedded Software Development
- Experience in the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various products and services
- Experience with Agile development and the Atlassian tool suite
- Experience with Verilog/VHDL
Why should you join Mercury Systems?
Mercury Systems is the leader in making trusted, secure mission-critical technologies profoundly more accessible to the aerospace and defense industries. Optimized for customer and mission success, our innovative solutions power more than 300 critical aerospace and defense programs. Headquartered in Andover, Mass., and with manufacturing and design facilities around the world, Mercury specializes in engineering, adapting and manufacturing new solutions purpose-built to meet the industry's current and emerging high-tech needs. Our employees are committed to Innovation that Matters®.
We are committed to making Mercury a great place to work, no matter where our employees are located. We offer a casual and enjoyable atmosphere that allows employees to learn and grow. We help and care for one another and work as one to achieve results for us and for our customers. We value communication and transparency, and strive to foster two-way dialogue at all levels of the organization. We are committed to lifelong learning, offering comprehensive skills training and tuition reimbursement. Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or you are an experienced professional, it's important to us that you feel recognized and rewarded for your contributions.
Mercury Systems is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Mercury Systems is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the number below.
Click here read about our recent press release and how Mercury Systems was named to Fortune Magazine's list of 100 Fastest-Growing Companies.
Click Here to learn about OFCCP
U.S. Persons Required
Yes - Position requires access to export controlled data