Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
May Mobility is transforming cities through autonomous technology to create a safer, greener, more accessible world. Based in Ann Arbor, Michigan, May develops and deploys autonomous vehicles (AVs) powered by our innovative Multi-Policy Decision Making (MPDM) technology that literally reimagines the way AVs think.
Our vehicles do more than just drive themselves - they provide value to communities, bridge public transit gaps and move people where they need to go safely, easily and with a lot more fun. We’re building the world’s best autonomy system to reimagine transit by minimizing congestion, expanding access and encouraging better land use in order to foster more green, vibrant and livable spaces. Since our founding in 2017, we’ve given more than 300,000 autonomy-enabled rides to real people around the globe. And we’re just getting started. We’re hiring people who share our passion for building the future, today, solving real-world problems and seeing the impact of their work. Join us.
Embedded Systems @ May
Spanning both hardware and software roles, the Embedded Systems team is integral to the design and integration of our vehicle platforms. Team members develop custom, cutting-edge hardware and firmware, frequently working across functional teams with Autonomy, Software and Data Infrastructure, and Vehicle Integration. Whether it’s sourcing and integrating new sensors to build out and improve our autonomous shuttle platform, or creating hardware that’s never been built before, we are looking for leaders that want to build embedded systems that will change the world. With our talented team, your work will push the envelope of what is possible in autonomous vehicles today.
- Test and maintain embedded software for an autonomous vehicle.
- Learn about all aspects of our vehicle to support tightly-integrated solutions.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues to maintain system operation and rectify problems.
- Collect and analyze data to quickly improve system performance.
- Understand interfaces between the vehicle platform, actuators, vehicle software, and communication networks.
- Assisting and advising technicians, at both onsite and offsite locations, on proper installation and maintenance of required embedded and electrical systems.
- Developing and performing tests to validate subsystems through unit testing.
- Flashing control modules with software and firmware updates.
- Configuration management, including hardware and software version tracking across multiple systems, subsystems and vehicle platforms.
- Collaborating with a multi-disciplined engineering team including software, computer, mechanical and production engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related fields.
- 2+ year work experience and / or project team experience in automotive engineering.
- Demonstrated foundation in data structures and algorithms including the ability to solve complex problems with elegant solutions.
- At least one year of experience working with CAN networks.
- Good communication skills and ability to work across functional teams.
- Basic proficiency in creating or modifying scripts to automatically analyze vehicle data using MATLAB, Python, or other similar programming languages.
- Basic knowledge and familiarity of working with linux
- Experience with in-vehicle hardware validation/verification with systems such as lidar, radar, cameras, GPS, IMUs, etc.
- Proficiency writing embedded code in C.
- Experience with fabrication and integration techniques for mechanical and electrical systems, as well as hands-on experience.
- Ability to read electrical schematics and use oscilloscopes and logic analyzers to troubleshoot embedded software.
- 2+ years experience with automotive troubleshooting, root cause identification, and documenting solutions.
- Experience with schematics and PCB design software, such as Eagle.
- Experience working with by-wire systems and low-level actuation in vehicles.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of delivery for mission-critical functionality .
- Basic TCP/IP understanding and troubleshooting
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and/or people of color are less likely to apply to a job unless they meet every qualification. At May Mobility, we’re committed to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workforce, so if you’re excited about this role but your previous experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification, we encourage you to apply anyway! You may be the perfect candidate for this or another role at May.
Want to learn more about our culture & benefits? Check out our website!
May Mobility is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with May Mobility to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. If you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: May Mobility does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, May Mobility does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.