Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
Edge Impulse enables developers to create the next generation of intelligent device solutions with embedded Machine Learning. We believe that machine learning can use 99% of sensor data currently discarded due to cost, bandwidth, or power constraints. Edge Impulse is an end-to-end platform that helps with data ingestion, labeling, training, and device deployment. We have a fantastic community with >50,000 projects built, and more than 1,000 companies use Edge Impulse.
We are growing. This is an opportunity for a talented generalist machine learning engineer to build the best MLOps tools in the world—specifically for embedded ML. As part of our industry-leading team, you will design and build tools that enable the world’s embedded engineers to capture their domain knowledge in effective machine learning applications.Do you love the idea of combining open-ended independent research with direct applied ML within a supportive and experienced team of professional engineers? Come join us!
- Design new model architectures, algorithms, and training regimes that are suited to embedded deployment.
- Build novel data-centric AI tools that help engineers understand the properties and limitations of datasets, and avoid issues with fairness.
- Create training and evaluation systems designed to guide non-ML experts in producing models that they can trust in the field.
- Collaborate on novel research with leading computer scientists at institutions like Harvard University.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Track record of strong experience with applied machine learning across a variety of problem domains.
- Deep professional-grade software engineering skills with prior professional experience working as an engineer on production software.
- Passion for exploring and testing new ideas, and working in a brand new field without a roadmap.
- Demonstrated experience working effectively async in a distributed team.
- Experience communicating complex technical concepts to smart people in adjacent roles.
What We Offer
- The chance to join a rapidly scaling, remote-first organization full of amazingly smart people in a field-defining startup.
- A well-funded company with founders who care about team, users, and values.
- An awesome product with a scaling user base and great enterprise customers.
- Competitive pay, stock options, benefits, and vacation time.
- A dynamic culture that sees work as one element in life (work-life balance).
- A team that’s engaged and inclusive yet global and diverse. We do amazingly fun all-hand meetings.
- Europe or North America
- We have small offices in San Jose, CA and Amsterdam, The Netherlands.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We appreciate diversity in our remote, global organization. We value inclusivity across our teams. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other federal, state, or local protected class.