Embedded Systems Jobs
For embedded developers
Auris Health, Inc., born in the Silicon Valley and now part of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is transforming medical intervention by combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science. The engineering team at Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures. Learn more about Auris Health at https://www.aurishealth.com/.
What You Will Be Doing
The Staff FPGA Engineer will be a lead contributor within a highly skilled development team, advancing the medical imaging, visualization, and video distribution platform. You will work as an integral part of the Vision Engineering team to develop, build, and test the Visualization system within a larger surgical robot team. Key responsibilities include:
• Deliver a next generation, visualization pipeline exceeding requirement and timeline deliverables.
• Serve as a domain expert in video processing for medical imaging, driving cross functional development, detailed design implementations, and end point characterizations
• Integrate cross-functional, advanced imaging modalities into the core product visualization pipeline.
• Deliver next generation, cross-functional, visualization architecture that includes hardware, FPGA, embedded software, and system software implementations.
• Design and expand on simulation, FMEA, BIST, and regression test frameworks.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related degree is required.
• 15+ years of experience in FPGA/ASIC design for medical devices.
• 3+ years of direct medical imaging experience.
• Demonstrated experience in full cycle, direct FPGA development cycles: Architecture, Part Selection, Constraints, Timing and Power Analysis, Simulation, and Full FPGA design closure.
• Demonstrated Video IP development experience in full cycle beginning at algorithm realization, FPGA implementation, and end-point deployment with demonstrated alignment to system requirements.
• Demonstrated Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) FPGA design methodology for medical product.
• Specific experience in image sensor interfacing, video capture, video frame rate conversion / buffering, and video mixing / overlay FPGA experience.
• Citable experience in leading successful deliverables from contractor developments.
• Citable experience in PCIe, DDR4, and FPGA MGT design and hardware implementations.
This position is located in Santa Clara, CA.
• Competency in Embedded Software development for the creation of test environments.
• Competency in FPGA to GPU interfacing and development.
• Familiar with fundamental concepts of optical design.
• Familiar with fundamentals medical illumination and control.
• Understanding of surgery, surgical procedures, and the design and application of surgical devices, as well as the quality system and regulatory environment.
• Strong understand of design controls; the ability to develop and execute design plans, design verification and validation.
• Familiar developing theoretical imaging algorithms.
• PCB design, layout, and fabrication experience.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Santa Clara-
North America-United States-California-Redwood City
Verb Surgical Inc. (6270)
Get the latest job publications.
Join our mailing list.